Right-click Signature menu

Started by AES Wind, December 12, 2011, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AES Wind

I've brought up a number of times my dislike for the "real time" and "get sig(s)" being in the right-click menu (especially since they're in the middle and towards the bottom), and we've always come to an impasse with how do we select the pane for testing with a button.  

So, how about an approach from the other direction?  Instead of having a button to test, with the attendant issue, how about a button instead, to turn on and off the scale function of double-clicking a pane?   With it in the "off" position, your double-click could either get sig(s) or real time, dependent upon setting default, say, in the task bar or tools, in the "on",  enable the scale function.  Myself, I rarely use the scale function (yes, yes, I know, I'm spoiled with a hi-def widescreen monitor), so I'm thinking a setting configuration in the tools menu might do the trick.

So!?!?  What'cha think?
Support Our Military.  FLY Navy!

admin

Interesting suggestion. We have had discussions here on methods to improve access to the function in the right-click menu (especially the ones more often). Your suggestion is a different approach. Hmmm... more discussions to follow.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

AES Wind

I am here for you, Curtis, I'm here for you!   

admin

We are considering adding some controls in the Tools/Options that control what happens when you double-click a signature box. Go to Realtime or Reprobing Pin Signatures could be some of the selections. Opinions?
By the way, the right-click menu was rearranged a couple of versions ago. The most useful stuff is at the top. ;)
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

AES Wind

It sounds like we're both (all) trundling along in the same direction, if not the same track!  I definitely think that the available options should include at least re-probe, get sig(s), and realtime.  Perhaps a re-probe opens (this component, in toto) or just re-probe (this component) would be useful as well. 

And yes, my nose has been properly rubbed in my lack of being able to convince my boss that I should update occasionally.........................   :-[