Software Suggestions

Started by ShadowJ09, October 24, 2016, 07:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowJ09

I had a few suggestions about software capabilities. I wanted to know what you all thought about them and their feasibility on implementation.

1. A "Step Back"/"Undo" button for coordinate data.
Sometimes when doing an offset, alignment, or setting pin coordinates, I've accidentally clicked somewhere on the PCB Image/ Prober window. Its not hard to relocate where I was, but it would be nice to have five to ten of the most recent locations stored in a back button.

2. A "Tracking Box" for the PCB Image.
A small transparent box in the PCB image that shows what the Prober window is viewing.

I had a few more that I can't remember, but any thoughts on these?
Thanks in advance!

admin

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. It is important that users give us feedback so we appreciate it!

The StepBack suggestion is interesting. I can see a one back capability being useful but 5 to 10 would probably be overkill.

Marking the camera view on the PCB Image is already on our wish list and hopefully will be incorporated soon.

I will pass this information on to engineering.
Thanks!

Admin
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

IsaiasW

Hello Huntronian, was this ever implemented? It would fit our needs perfectly.

admin

Neither of these suggestions are in the current release. I would like to the see the camera position in the Board Image very much, though. I will keep pushing that one.

admin

We have a Software Suggestions (sticky) topic in the Current Workstation forum:
http://www.huntron.com/forum/index.php?topic=120.0

So, I am locking that thread.

admin

Update: For those who stumble onto this thread, the camera position marked in the Image pane/Image tab, as suggested above, was implemented in version 4.3.7656.
Thanks.