rp388

Started by David cordero, August 29, 2017, 12:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David cordero

Hello everyone, I have acquired a Rp 388 but this lacks the interface, which is the specification of the interface of national instrument that works correctly with this equipment, greetings and thanks a lot for future answers.

admin

Hi David,
The RP388 is pretty old. The robotic motors used a serial interface to a COM port on the PC. The camera used an ISA card that went into the PC. The Electrim camera card has been out of production for many years and is very hard to find so hopefully this came with your system. The RP388 was designed to connect to a Tracker 5100DS controlled through a NI ISA-GPIB card in the PC.
Software support is limited so check the Huntron web site (Support/Obsolete Products) for information.
Thanks.
Admin
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

David cordero

I can upgrade that old dinosaur with the electronic 5500, I would only use the RP388 parts of the X, Y, Z coordinate axis with a modern electronic and new software.

admin

If you are referring to the Huntron Tracker 5500 then many of the parts are the same as the RP388 including the camera system.

David cordero

if I confused myself, I wanted to refer to the huntron acces. just use the metal structure and could install everything from the acces.

David cordero

Hi curtis it would be possible to get the diagram of the RP388, I need to see how the integration of the three components, robot, tracker and camera I can modify it but I need the diagram and I will have to buy the software of the huntron acces, but it is better than to spoil an equipement, which despite being obsolete is in very good condition, greetings
David.

admin

The last version to support RP388 was 3.4. There is no software support beyond that version. More details here:
http://www.huntron.com/sales-support/obsolete.htm

David cordero

ok download the content but ask me for a password to install it, where do I get it?

admin

The Access Prober is so different from the RP388 that it would not be worth the effort or expense.

David cordero

no, I wanted to download the 3.4 for my rp 388 unit that is complete but it asks for a code to run the program, where do I get that code?

admin

Try "sigassist32". Unzip to a simple folder on the hard drive (i.e. c:\huntron) before trying to install the software.

jvthorsley

Just confirms my point, you still have many users of the older systems!

David cordero

ok you tell me that the cam uses an isa card but so that to connect to the pc I can not connect from the camera output of the rp 388 to the pc through a serial port? which card you say is no longer manufactured and it is difficult to find the one that is inside the RP 388, because if that is my computer has only one pc missing and I already have the GPIB card and the serial port now I want to know where I connect the camera, it's the only thing I need

admin

The camera does not use a serial port even though it looks like one. The camera port on the RP388 connected to a card installed in the PC. The card was made by Electrim, model EDC-1000 and is no longer made. Electrim is no longer in business.

David cordero

and it is not possible to place a camera of a more recent model?
some specification of the card of the camera for the PC because with the model could get it used although they are no longer in the business the manufacturers and found some cameras of them even on ebay without the information of the card will not be able to investigate what it is.