Does WS 3 support protrack M20 USB

Started by tracker, August 27, 2009, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker

can WS 3 support a protrack M20 USB if i wanted to connect to prober2 with old electrim B&W camera & ISA card?

admin

Workstation 3.5.4 would be the version to use as it supports the USB ProTrack. It also supports the Prober with the Electrim ISA camera card (b&w).  It will run in 98/2000/XP.
Thanks.

Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

tracker

Hi Curtis,

thanks  ,just the info  i am looking for . I will send you the serial number of the prober2 next week ...reason i asked is we are considering all the options for interfacing to this older prober2

Could we run it with WS4x ? 

Perhaps this is better in another thread ! :)

admin

Unfortunately, version 4.X only supports color cameras.

Thanks.

Curtis

tracker

Hi Curtis,

ok understood ,its better for me to stick with  the parallel port protrack M20 then. Thanks for info

admin

The ProTrack can be upgraded to USB. This makes upgrading PC OS and related items much easier than dealing with parallel ports. Newer PCs do not even have parallel ports anymore.

Thanks.

Curtis

cimbian

Quote from: Admin on September 15, 2009, 10:19:31 PM
The ProTrack can be upgraded to USB. This makes upgrading PC OS and related items much easier than dealing with parallel ports. Newer PCs do not even have parallel ports anymore.

Thanks.

Curtis

... and it only takes 30 minutes to do! :)
English may be a strange language but I can assure you that an empty-head and an open-mind are not the same thing!

admin

Quote from: cimbian on November 14, 2009, 06:30:40 AM
Quote from: Admin on September 15, 2009, 10:19:31 PM

Thanks.

Curtis

... and it only takes 30 minutes to do! :)

That is true. It is a fairly simple install.
Welcome aboard, Steve!

jvthorsley

Only trouble here is that Huntron no longer suppy the ProTrack USB kit.
I was very lucky that Steve at Cimbian in UK found me a USB upgrade kit. But it does take a bit more than 30 minutes to install the first time!
And thanks to Dell support for finding me the drivers to get Windows XP Pro + SP3 working on a new Dell Laptop to run a ProTrack with USB and WS 3.5.4.

jvthorsley

I'm sure there are a few engineers who run the ProTrack with USB on Windows XP who should know Microsoft will know longer support XP after 8th April 2014.

admin

You should be okay as long as you stay with a 32bit OS which is available in Vista and Win7 (but maybe not so easy to find).

jvthorsley

Has anyone on this Support Forum successfully used Workstation Ver. 3.54 in Windows Vista or 7 (in 32-bit mode) to run a ProTrack with USB port?

admin

Workstation 3.5.4, even though it is 32bit and works in XP will not work in Vista. Drivers issues...

jvthorsley

But Curtis you said on 2nd April 2013 that Pro Track using Workstation Ver. 3.5.4 would be ok with Vista & Windows 7 in 32-bit mode.
Users of Pro Track should be ok now you have a new version of Workstation to enable the Pro Track to work on Windows 7 in 64-bit mode.
But they will need you to supply the USB upgrade kit!!

Support

The ProTrack USB upgrade kit is no longer available.