Tracker 1000 80HZ osc

Started by jcrosson, August 12, 2009, 12:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcrosson

80 HZ ocs failed on my tracker 1005, are there any parts avaiable?

admin

Unfortunately, the 80Hz oscillator in the old Tracker 1005B and 1005B1S model is long gone. The symptom that they are bad is usually a single dot in the middle on the CRT indicating that the sweep in gone.
Thanks.

Huntron Tech Support
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

photounit

I'm not sure if this was a "test post" but I'll reply anyway ;D

Not for nothing but I would think one would be able to find a suitable replacement somewhere to resurrect this unit...... It might not be a drop in replacement but it would get the unit working again...... I did this type of thing time and time again....... Here's one that MAY work although I have to say I'm not familiar with the oscilator in the 1005B although the cost might not be worth it......... Bill

http://www.freqdev.com/products/osc/d45.html

admin

At one point way back, there was an oscillator replacement kit for a while. I may be able to find a schematic.

Okay. Found it...

The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

cooter1974

I have worked this problem in the past by tapping the 110ac, stepping it down, isolating it and running it to the signal transformer. I don't remember the details, but If anyone is curious I will dig them up. Obviously this will provide 60hz instead of 80, but it still functioned normally, as far as I could tell anyway. And for a few bucks it was better than buying another Tracker. (I was a poor student at the time)

cooter1974

Quote from: Admin on August 27, 2009, 06:04:29 AM
At one point way back, there was an oscillator replacement kit for a while. I may be able to find a schematic.

I have a tracker with the oscillator replacement kit installed. The problem I'm having with it (bought off ebay) is on the replcement board there is a fuse with two wires coming off going nowhere (disconnected). The fuse is not electrically connected to the osc. I can't see where those two wires are supposed to go. None of my manuals show the replacement osc kit. Any ideas?

rohmell

Sorry to revive such an old post, but perhaps there are others who are looking for this information and would like an answer.
The 'extra' fuse that is on the oscillator board is wired in series with the front panel common (black) jack.