ProTrack 1- loss of CRT trace and text on LCD.

Started by jvthorsley, June 18, 2015, 03:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvthorsley

Recently had problem with my Pro Track 1 Series KJ2, trace on the CRT display disappeared & no text coming up on the LCD.
First I checked all the PSU outputs and could find no problem.
The switches / buttons on the front panel appeared to respond, and I found I could go into the menu blind then select "Prefs" followed by "LCD con" and by turning the Encoder Knob I altered the contrast and got the text back on the LCD. But the "save" function did not work.
I then contacted Curtis at Huntron who emailed this reply:-  " This has the appearance of being a program issue. One thing to try is uploading the original factory Cal file to your ProTrack. You do need to get the ProTrack connected to a PC and communicating. Attached is the PTC file for you ProTrack. Instructions to perform the upload are here:

http://huntron.com/sales-support/faqs.htm#Q8" .

Looks like the Flash memory on my Pro Track got corrupted and was sorted by reloading the program from Workstation 3.54.

admin

In addition to the information James posted (thanks!), if you have this problem contact Huntron with the serial number of your ProTrack and we can send you the factory "PTC" calibration file for your unit. These files were saved from when the ProTrack was first configured at the factory.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.