Schematic for Old 2000, brown, metal case.

Started by huntronbrian, October 19, 2011, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntronbrian

Was trying to rewind the power transformer for this early 240v model 2000 S/N 241-01226 using the count of the number of turns for each winding, however I have hit a snag in that one winding has the coils badly fused together making unwinding of the very fine wire impossible. Please can anyone supply a schematic for this particular model or a list of the voltages on the 12 way connector so that I might be able to calculate the number of turns required?

Any help would be most welcome.

Brian.

admin

Hi Brian,
I will see what can be found regarding the construction and/or the output of this transformer. That is a really old unit so it may take some time.
Thanks.

Curtis
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

huntronbrian

Hi Curtis,
Thank you for reply which raises my hope of repairing a superb instrument.

Best Regards

Brian

admin

Hi Brian,
Information on the transformer construction is not available but here is a link to download the maintenance section of the manual which has schematics:
http://www.huntron.com/privatesales/technical/2000-240-maint.pdf

Surprisingly, power transformers are still available but not in the 240V configuration. If you can make a 120V transformer work then order part number 06-6031 through a Huntron distributor. US list price is USD$75.00.

Thanks.

Curtis

The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

mr cluster

Quote from: Admin on October 27, 2011, 08:03:36 AM
Hi Brian,
Information on the transformer construction is not available but here is a link to download the maintenance section of the manual which has schematics:

Surprisingly, power transformers are still available but not in the 240V configuration. If you can make a 120V transformer work then order part number 06-6031 through a Huntron distributor. US list price is USD$75.00.

Thanks.

Curtis

Hi Brian,

Some time ago I encounterd the same problem. I used the 120v transformer wich was still available. In addition I used a 2nd step down transformer (230v to 120v) solving my problem.

Grtz,
A. Cluster.