huntron 2000 mains transformer 06-6031

Started by remote52, January 10, 2019, 07:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remote52

hi all does anyone have the specs for this transformer? need to know what the outputs voltages are? and can one still buy a new one anywhere? thx

admin

Sorry but that transformer has not been made for 30+ years. There is little existing documentation on the exact outputs. There was a high voltage output that supplied (after being rectified) the -1320V. There was another high voltage output that was rectified to 180V. There were lower voltage outs that were rectified to supply +/-12V and +/-5V. Lastly there was an non-rectifed out that supplied 6.3Vrms for the CRT filament.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

jvthorsley

I have put on attachment the part of the circuit diagram that shows TI, the Huntron 2000 mains transformer.
Also found this PDF and converted it to JPG. Has the  correct part number but don't think it has the correct secondary windings .
Also have a look at this link:- https://www.lintechcomponents.com/product/012676094/066028/57705.
And this:- https://www.galco.com/kwpages/hunt/RENP-0001.htm
The Tracker 2000 Operation & Maintenance Manual shows the 115/230V as Part No.06-6028
And the 100V version as Part No. 06-6029.
Is one of the windings O/C?

admin

The 06-6031 T1 was the 120Vac power transformer in the old brown case 2000. Not many of those around.
The most important troubleshooting tool is your eyes.

remote52

good morning all thankyou kindly for the help our huntron is a USA 120v version someone plugged it into the 220v supply and blew the input ac primary coil wires opened it up but is solid with resin and no way to reconnect the copper wire

jvthorsley

If your in the UK, and you find it impossible to get a replacement you could try Majestic Transformer Co. on 01202 734463, www.transformers.uk.com to get it rewound. But thet will need as much information as possible about the secondary outputs.

jvthorsley

If it helps I could tell you what the open circuit AC voltages are on the secondary of the the transformer on my Tracker 2000A.
But it may be cheaper to buy a Tracker 2000 from EBay than have a transformer specially made.

remote52

good morning thx but i am in holland working for a USA company so trying to sorce a transformer pitty its broken i used to repair tv's in the old days so i know its a form of line output transformer like the old ones for the crt's only a portable tv output transformer is 12kv on the HT stage otherwise i could have used one